Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Making House a Home

We've been in our house for nearly six weeks now, and I'm only just getting some decorations put up...



I'm so glad I have my little gallery wall back up! It's mostly made of vacation photos from Ireland, and one of an orca off of the San Juan Islands. I'm pretty proud of that clock; I found it today at the Post Thrift Shop for only $3.00! And it works! All of the picture frames were dollar-store buys. In the end, this project cost me about $25-$30. The big mirror and the monogram were both wedding gifts (aka free to me). To arrange the frames, I used the wax-paper method. Can't go wrong with that!

I feel like a new house doesn't really become home until all of my decorations are up. How long does it normally take you guys to put yours up after a move?

I've been stripping decades upon decades of thick paint off on an antique fireplace mantle (post to come later!). Our dog Jackson has decided I'm his "person" now (poor hubby has no idea why he made the switch). Unfortunately for Jackson, I'm not very fun. He gets incredibly bored sitting and watching me scrape all day.


3 comments:

JG said...

It took us months to get this place really decorated...literally. I just have zero interior decorating skills. But I do love your wall! Great job!

Chicago Girl said...

That wall looks great! Gives me ideas for when I move into my new place!

Shannon said...

What a cute dog! I just found your blog. I am friends with your awesome sister Rachel!